After the Apocalypse:Rebirth
You have come to a great roleplaying site! But be warned, some gruesome and explicit content can be shown on this forum. Please, if you are young, think twice about joining this forum, and look it over to see if this is the right place for you. People under 12 should do so.

Thank you, and thank you for visiting ATA! We hope you have a great time in our forum!

~Jay (Loki~Ari)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You have come to a great roleplaying site! But be warned, some gruesome and explicit content can be shown on this forum. Please, if you are young, think twice about joining this forum, and look it over to see if this is the right place for you. People under 12 should do so.

Thank you, and thank you for visiting ATA! We hope you have a great time in our forum!

~Jay (Loki~Ari)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Administration
JAY: Photobucket BRIGHT: Photobucket
ATA-How it Happened
It was 2017. The Moon suddenly left it's orbit, and the Earth was a dark cold place. Millions caught disease from the cold and darkness, many became crazy and committed suicide, and many were killed by other things. Shadows. Shadows were wiped out when the Moon first appeared, after a meteor struck Earth. The gravitational pull of the moon kept them away. Though, as the moon suddenly disappeared from the orbit, the shadows once again appeared, and killed off most of the disease survivors. Now, only about 8,000 people live in the world, and there is a popular group of rebel survivors in New York City. These survivors are the closest in the world to the Shadow Fortress, and are the only ones that can save the human race from becoming completely extinct. This is the Prolouge of ATA. Help make the story.
ATA Wiki
Photobucket Make your characters page now :D (Notice:If you have been on here for a long time and haven't made a page, you mostly likely were added by Jay or Ghost.)

Is It Too Late to Apologize? (Joy)

2 posters

Go down

Is It Too Late to Apologize? (Joy) Empty Is It Too Late to Apologize? (Joy)

Post by Melody~Darren Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:35 am

Darren lay stretched out on the roof of the Wal-Mart, hoping he might get some non-existent sun. His eyes were closed, and he lay with his feet dangling over the side.
Melody~Darren
Melody~Darren

Back to top Go down

Is It Too Late to Apologize? (Joy) Empty Re: Is It Too Late to Apologize? (Joy)

Post by Capucine~Joy Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:44 am

Joy, who had been exploring the area stumbled up the lader. It had been a long day, so many shadows now a-days! Her face was streaked with a mixture of dust, blood, and sweat. With a soft sigh, the firey red-head plopped down, onto a blanket she had brought up with her. Shifting her sleeves to her black hoodie up her skinny arm and fixing her hat, she peered up at the stars and tried to make out a constilation.
Capucine~Joy
Capucine~Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Melody~Darren Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:45 am

Darren heard her, and sat up. His face flushed a deep red when he recognized her. He didn't say anything, though. If he was lucky, she wouldn't notice him.
Melody~Darren
Melody~Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Capucine~Joy Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:49 am

Joy's green eyes shot around, but didn't spot Darren under the blanket of darkness. Nemo, however smelt him and sincing his tension starting shreiking and squirming. "What's wrong Nemo?" Joy asked to the monkey, her voice floating on the words. But it was like talking to a rock, Nemo couldn't reply. "Who's there?" She called, her voice icey. "It's not nice to spy you know!" She continued crossly and frowned.
Capucine~Joy
Capucine~Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Melody~Darren Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:51 am

"I'm not spying," Darren sighed, getting to his feet and moving so she could see him. "I was here first, so frankly, I could say that you are the one who is spying." He made to go for the ladder.
"However, it's obvious that I'm not welcome."
Melody~Darren
Melody~Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Capucine~Joy Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:57 am

Joy frowned. "Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to make you feel like that." She said slowly like she was deep in thought. "You don't have to leave. I was just relaxing from a long day." She said her finger tracing over the stars on the blanket.
Capucine~Joy
Capucine~Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Melody~Darren Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:59 am

While she was distracted by the blanket, Darren moved and sat next to her.
"What kind of day?" he asked her.
Melody~Darren
Melody~Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Capucine~Joy Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:30 am

Feeling his footsteps Joy figured he was headed toward the ledge to sit down, but when she felt his breath on her arms she froze. Stiff and jaw clenched Joy took a deep breath. "Well, it's sad how infested this town is with shadows. The whole day I could barely catch a break." She said slightly scooting away, she barely knew him! "It reminds me of a poem my nanny used to say." She said simply looking down at her dirty hands.
Capucine~Joy
Capucine~Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Melody~Darren Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:47 am

Sighing in his mind, Darren moved away from her, just to a safe enough distance.
"Yeah?" he asked. "What was it about?"
Melody~Darren
Melody~Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Capucine~Joy Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:55 am

Slowly getting less tense the farther away he went Joy and Nemo exhaled deeply. "It was something like, There was a rainstorm
that while we walked through
Woke every flower in the field
That day the echo of warm rain and
The melancholy breeze became...
Our favorite song." Joy said, stumbling over a few words, trying to remember. "It was something like that... It's just that that great thing hasn't happened. Actually it probably won't." She scoffed angrily. But realizing how gross she sounded she frowned and mumbled out, "Sorry for sounding so negative."
Capucine~Joy
Capucine~Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Melody~Darren Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:19 am

Darren shrugged.
"We're all kind of negative," he said. "I mean, it's not like we have everything going for us, is it?" He laughed morbidly, shaking his head.
Melody~Darren
Melody~Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Capucine~Joy Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:24 pm

Joy stared at him with a frown, but looked away. Quickly her eye brows crossed in thought and she yawned. "That's not completely true. Some people have love, I don't yet. I suppose it's because I am a "Ginger" and everyone assumes if your a Ginger you don't have a soul." She said blankly with a short laugh.
Capucine~Joy
Capucine~Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Melody~Darren Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:53 am

The corners of Darren's mouth twitched. He didn't look up from his hands as he said, "I like gingers."
Melody~Darren
Melody~Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Capucine~Joy Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:46 am

Not comprehending what he was trying to say Joy kept talking. "Is it really about love? Loves isn't everything. In fact what I'm living for is taking those shadows down." She said as her monkey screeched. "Oh and Nemo of corse!" She laughed rubbing it's head. "Love sucks." She mumbled under her breath.
Capucine~Joy
Capucine~Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Melody~Darren Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:51 am

Darren chuckled, but hurt filled his eyes.
"Of course," he said. "Only who knows how long we have to live? Maybe that's why everybody is trying to get somebody special."
Melody~Darren
Melody~Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Capucine~Joy Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:57 am

"What if that special someone doesn't exist? What if..." She said angrily taking a deep breath she finished. "What if they're dead?" Joy said with a frown. "Never mind me, what about you?" She asked raising a red eye brow.
Capucine~Joy
Capucine~Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Melody~Darren Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:02 am

Darren shook his head.
"Nothing special," he muttered. This wasn't going the way he had hoped it would.
Melody~Darren
Melody~Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Capucine~Joy Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:07 am

With a frown Joy thought for a second. "You know what... Screw love! Who needs it? We don't! So just.... Just.. SCREW IT!" She said in a forceful tone.

Ooc: DON'T twist that with yo' Pervy mind:3
Capucine~Joy
Capucine~Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Melody~Darren Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:11 am

Darren looked at her strangely.
"Do you really mean that?" he asked her. She seemed to sort of force out the words.
Melody~Darren
Melody~Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Capucine~Joy Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:56 pm

Staring at him Joy shook her head.
"I can't say I can, but I want to mean it. The world would've been so much easier." She exclaimed with a sigh. "Let's just change the subject..." She said with a dry laugh. "Tell me about yourself...." Joy said quietly sitting criss-cross-applesauce and folding her arms in her lap.
Capucine~Joy
Capucine~Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Melody~Darren Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:24 am

Darren looked taken back.
"Umm, well, there honestly isn't much to tell," he shrugged, hoping she would leave it alone. Yet, knowing the little that he did about this girl, something told him she wouldn't drop the subject.
Melody~Darren
Melody~Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Capucine~Joy Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:38 am

Throughout her hands up she exclaimed, "Didn't mean to upset you." But honestly she wasn't to thrilled about her past either. "My story isn't rainbows and flowers either... So I understand. It's just..." She told him with a short laugh. However instead of finishing she looked up at the stars. She could barely make out the Big dipper, under the blanket of smog and dust.
"Isn't it strange how through all of this some things just haven't changed?" She asked, bt figuring he might not understand she carried on. " Like I'm still a ginger. There are still stars in the sky." Joy said in a amused tone and finally let out a real laugh.
Capucine~Joy
Capucine~Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum